|The Seventh Trumpet
|“The time has come”
Ark in the Temple
|2nd woe is past
|The time has come --
but not in Revelation. This is the
announcement of the final act, and the very next thing John will give us is a
flashback. This is unfortunate, for
literal interpreters now have a serious problem, which will be taken up next
week. There are some things we can
• The announcement is that the time of judgment has come; this does not preclude any more events -- it just means that the opening trumpet has sounded. The judgment will proceed with the seven bowls of wrath, following our flashback.
• It does mean that the second woe is finished; the seven bowls are the third woe, or seventh trumpet.
• Perhaps misled by chapter and verse markings, for this section might better be put together with chapter 12 (which would make it part of the flashback, and the hallelujah would be part of that), some amillennialists consider that the Rapture now occurs.
• Others, notably post-millennialists, insist that this is the beginning of the millennium.
• One thing for sure: the trouble isn’t over yet.